The Primary Contact is the person responsible for managing an EMQN account. If you are currently the Primary Contact and want to make somebody else the Primary Contact because you are leaving the organisation or changing jobs, then please follow these instructions. You should not just change the name on your account or give somebody your password.
Only the current Primary Contact can make someone else the new Primary Contact. If the Primary Contact has left and you cannot access the account please contact us.
You should ensure that the new Primary Contact is aware of any outstanding charges on the account and any schemes that the organisation is currently registered to participate in. If you are also the billing contact on the account then the new Primary Contact will also be made billing contact. The billing contact is the person to whom invoices are addressed.
If you are going to be moving to another organisation that is also a member of EMQN, please get the Primary Contact of the new organisation to contact us and we will be able to move your user account across.
Changing the Primary Contact
Step 1: Add a new staff member
If the new Primary Contact does not yet have an account you will need to create one. If they already have an account please skip to Step 2:
- Login to your account
- Click on Manage staff in the left hand menu
- Click on Add Staff Member at the bottom of the page
- Enter their details
- Select what permissions you want them to have. As they are going to be the new Primary Contact you should select all permissions by shift selecting them
- Click on Add
Step 2: Make a staff member the Primary Contact
- Login to your account
- Click on Manage Staff in the left hand menu
- Click on the green Reassign Primary Contact icon next to the name of the person you want to make the new Primary Contact.
- Answer No when asked if you want to leave the lab. If you answer Yes, you will be logged out and will be unable to log in again.
- Click Continue.
- You will now be logged out and the person you chose to become the Primary Contact will have the appropriate permissions.
- You should now get the new Primary Contact to log in and ensure that the details are correct.
- If you are leaving the lab the Primary Contact can now remove you from the list of staff members by following the guidance here.